[bksvol-discuss] Re: Going Going Gone?

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 00:42:08 -0400

The state of your bedroom sounds like the state of my bedroom before I became blind. It is too bad that I did not anticipate the advent of Bookshare before I gave them all away.

On 10/30/2015 6:25 PM, Katherine Petersen (Redacted sender katherine_petersen for DMARC) wrote:

Hi,

In response, I would only say that a couple of my books have holds, but many are only for a sighted proofer as my scanner and program work only in 2-page mode, so the books I scan need a bit more work with page breaks and numbering. I always have a hard copy I can send. I haven’t looked to see if any of my books are still out.

I do scan quite a bit and edit as best as I can. I read while I edit, so sometimes it takes me a bit longer.

But there are plenty of books not in the collection. The state of my bedroom can attest to that. JI’d say there are at least 800 books there. I put all of this information in the notes section, but I just want to reiterate it here.

I’ll continue to scan as much as possible as it enables me to read books that aren’t otherwise available.

Cheers,

--Katherine