[bksvol-discuss] Re: Geneaology Flow Chart

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 20:48:46 -0600

Hi Kari.
I really don't have a solution for you.

I can only tell you what NLS does in such instances. They give a verbal
description of the chart.

I'll give you a fictitious example.

"[Scanner's note:There appears a chart which shows  that the chief had three
wives.
He married wife 1 in 1827 and they had three kids, kid1, born in 1833, kid2
born in 1840 and kid3 born in1842.

Kid1 married wife1a in 1852 and they had seven kids, kid1a, kid1b, etc etc. ...
End of scanner's note.]

You get the picture.

It's still awkward, but it's the best solution I've found.

Maybe others know a better approach.

A double thanks to you as a new scannor.

Thanks for asking, not assuming.
And thanks for tackling a difficult task.

Bob