[bksvol-discuss] Re: G. Cindy, Help, Please

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:13:54 -0400

G. Cindy,

I thought I'd go to the library today and pick up 2 of those
Princess Diary books you need validated for the 6th
graders.  I couldn't find ANY on the Bookshare Download
list.  Was I not fast enough and they're all gone already?
Can you help me?

Hugs,
Marilyn

On Mar 28, 2008, at 11:25 PM, Grandma Cindy wrote:

Marilyn, Judy S., and any other sighted voluntees--if
you'd like to validate some of the remaining Princess
Diary books, please feel free to take them whether or
not they say hold for me. They need sighted help
because the headings of the diary are in a fancy font
and don't scan well or at all. Some did scan.

I didn't mention you, Jamie, because you already have
so much to do, and I know you prefer to scan.

These books are for a group of 6th-grade girls who
have to read them and prepare book reports on
individual books and then as a group prepare a report
on the whole series. They need to get into the
collection by May first. Maithe and Anastasia and
Shelley have been scanning like mad, and someone else
and I have been validating, but we could use a little
more help. The books are pretty easy to get from the
library because they're very popular. Also, they're
cute and funny--reminds us, perhaps, too, of our
teenage years and worries.

G.Cindy