[bksvol-discuss] Fwd: suggestions for volunteers about books to do

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 13:19:34 -0600

Vivian and others;

About a year and a half ago, Scott came up with a neat idea to have people
adopt series to ensure better completion.  I signed up to captain (and saying I
would proof or scan, preferably proof) any of the books I had started series or
complete sets of.  Because  incomplete older series can be expensive to
complete, it takes a while to find reasonably priced copies or get them through
inter library loans..  You can find the list at the following link, although I
believe it is not very screen reader friendly, if memory serves me:

https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Series+Captains+List

Below is the first email when I mentioned some of the larger series I have a
substantial number of, although I cannot find them all in the series captain
list.  Unfortunately I had a computer crash around that time and lost some
emails on the topic or didn't do a good job of following up.  Working on
acquiring books on a fixed income is slow, so I love when someone else can scan
and I can ask questions if it is one of the few volumes I do not have ready
access to.

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks!
Valerie