[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fwd: adf duplex scanners

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 21:53:53 -0800

I do not know much about the most recent crop of sheet feed scanners. In the past I used a really compact sheet feed scanner from Canon. It worked really well except it was tall and narrow and I tended to knock it over. Finally, I knocked it over one too many times and it stopped working. Now I have an Epson Workforce GT-S50. It is almost as compact as the Canon but is less subject to tipping. I did break the paper rest that acts as a cover, but mostly I scan paperbacks so the paper does not stick up enough to need the support anyway. New these are about $450, but they are often available refurbished for half that and that's how I got mine. It has been a reliable workhorse for years. I am sighted, however, so I can't say how well it would work with Kursweill 1000 or any other assistive software.

Misha

On 2/2/2015 2:44 PM, Paonia N'Shaiha wrote:

I am looking at picking up a automatoc document feeder duples scanner and wonder what peoples experiences have been. I am mostly looking at the hp 5590 and 8850.

Thank you!
Paonia