[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fwd: Spanish books origins on Bookshare

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 22:51:52 -0700 (PDT)

Tiflolibros sent Bookshare several hundred Spanish books, so two inhouse
volunteers have been submitting them recently.  I think we're getting close to
the end of their books, so the wave of new Spanish books should decrease in the
next week or two.

  Carrie

Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Dilsia happened to notice who the submitter of a
Spanish-language book was and,knowing what a curious
person I am, she wrote to me. Below is her message.

Here is her note. I think it's wonderful if bookshare
and Tiflilibros are exchanging books--or maybe,
because of our copyright laws, we're only receiving
and not sending? I did look at the bookshare home
page, and Tiflolibros is not listed as a resource, but
maybe that page hasn't been updated. the Volunteer
homepage hasn't been updated either, since I think we
now have more than the 25m000 plus books that are
listed there.

Thanks, Dilsia, for the info.

Cindy

I have
> an
> idea as to where the Spanish books are coming. I hit
> one of them and searched the submitter, the name
> there
> was Tiflolibros.
>
> Tiflolibros is an argentinean organization doing
> in
> Latinoamerica what Bookshare does on the US. I'm not
> sure if Bookshare has struck an agreement to share
> between them. maybe you want to explore Tiflolibros
> site:
>
> www.tiflolibros.com.ar(copy and paste on your
> browser
> if it doesn't open from here)