[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fwd: Re: can't sign in

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:31:23 -0700

Hi Gerald,

I can log in to several other sites, so it must have something to do with the connection between bookshare and my computer, but I'll be darned if I can figuyre it out.
Thanks for your concern. When I find out what is causing it I'll shout it from the mountain tops.

Bud
At 10:31 AM 8/29/2005, you wrote:
Bud,

According to the link below the Submit button on Bookshare's login screen,
Bookshare requires SSL, so you may want to check the Security setting under
the Advanced tab of Internet Explorer's internet options to make sure the
SSL hasn't somehow been turned off.

Also according to that link, Bookshare is operating with an invalid
certificate.  I've never studied certificates, so I don't know if there are
any settings on your computer or on your ISP's server which could prevent
you from logging in due to an invalid certificate, but you might check into
that with your ISP.  I'd first attempt to log in on another computer which
uses your ISP first just to see if it's possible to login with charter.net.
Since you never said anything about being able to login from another
computer at your house, I'm guessing you don't have a second computer there
connected to the internet, so do you have a friend or neighbor who uses
charter.net who could help you attempt to login using their computer?  If
you can try that, and if you're able to login using that computer, then you
would at least know the problem is isolated to your computer.  If you have
problems logging in with other computers using charter.net, then you'd want
to talk to your ISP to see if they recently changed anything that could be
preventing you from logging in.

Let us know if the suggestions you're getting today don't work, and we'll
try to come up with some more ideas.

Gerald