[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fwd: Important Pre-Launch Information Please Read

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 22:58:41 -0600

I'm glad I'm not the only one It disappeared for.

Shannon
Women will starve in silence until new stories are created which confer on them
the power of naming themselves.

      From: support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Date: January 6, 2009 6:57:24 PM EST
      To: mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Subject: Important Pre-Launch Information Please Read

      Dear Friends,

      As the new Bookshare website approaches completion we wanted to inform
you of a few important things that will happen pre-launch. Right before the new
site goes live there will be a three day period during which volunteers will
not be able to submit or download books for proofreading.  This is necessary
because of the time it takes to do a full conversion and copy of the legacy
repository and database to infrastructure supporting the new Bookshare. Please
note that members will still be able to download books in Daisy or BRF and
these downloads will be recorded in their history. Because the site will not be
able to record any volunteer transactions during this time period, we request
all volunteers to refrain from submitting books, downloading books for
proofreading or uploading them for approval for the duration of those three
days. We will of course send out a heads-up to the volunteer community shortly
before the "No-activity" period takes effect, at that time we will also
       send details of what changes volunteers can expect with the new site.
Until then please continue to carry out all volunteer activities as usual.

      Our gratitude as always for the continued efforts of the volunteer
community that all of you are a part of.

      Warm regards,

      Pavi Mehta
      Volunteer Coordinator, Bookshare

      Benetech