[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fwd: [BlindAttic] Book announcement

  • From: "Allison Mervis" <allisonfm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:56:09 -0400

Aw! I hope we can get it.
Allison

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Pat Ferguson
  To: Book Share Discuss ; bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 10:45 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Fwd: [BlindAttic] Book announcement

  Hi Everyone,

  I thought I would forward this message on to you all. This book sounds really
neat. I was hoping it was on BookShare, but not sure if it is or not. Please
read this below.

  Blessings,
  Pat Ferguson

    From: "Irena Franchi" <ifranchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    To: "blind treasures bst list" <blindattic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:03:01 -0400
    Subject: [BlindAttic] Book announcement
    Sender: BlindAttic-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            HTML_MESSAGE autolearn=disabled version=3.0.2

    Hello,

    I would like to announce the publication of the book I wrote in honor of my
Seeing Eye Dog Suzie who passed away 3 years ago and I miss her as if she left
yesterday.

    This is the info:

     <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/>

    TITLE:

    Dear Suzie

    A unique relationship between an exceptional guide dog and her human
partner...

    The deep, spiritual connection between them through the ethereal thread of
LOVE.

    This book will intrigue and amaze you...  You'll ponder, laugh and cry.

    AUTHOR:

    Grace Franchi

    Email:

    gracebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ISBN:

    0-7414-2382-0 ©2005

    PUBLISHER:

    Infinity Publishing

    http://www.buybooksontheweb.com/

    PUBLISHED:

    February 2005

    RETAIL PRICE:

    $18.95

    Book Size:

    5.5 x 8.5, 357 pages

    Category/Subject:

    Pets/Dogs/General

    The book can be found in major book stores and in the internet:

    Amazon.com

    BarnesAndNoble.com

    Borders.com

    ABOUT THIS BOOK

    This lively story is divided in three parts -- letters from Suzie to a cat
in the street and other epistles, fragments of e-mail messages about Suzie
after her death and pieces of Mommy's journal about her.

    Due to its visages of fiction, such as a dog who writes letters, the book
can be catalogued as fantasy.  However, it's based on our experiences together,
real facts such as her life as a working dog and the pet of an animal lover
mommy.  Suzie and I have had a very close relationship and we were so tuned
with each other that I have been able to translate her feelings and thoughts
into words.  For that reason I sincerely can state that Suzie and I wrote this
book together.  We began writing this story soon after I brought her home, full
of hopes and plans for a future that I imagined endless.  Life is
unpredictable, my Suzie departed unexpectedly and I had to walk alone the rest
of the road.

    Suzie, a gorgeous and clever German Shepherd Seeing Eye Dog, writes letters
to a cat in the street.  In these letters she describes her life as an
ingenious working dog as well as the adored pet of an animal lover mommy who
stimulates her emotionally and intellectually.  The reader also learns about
the life of her friend Cat and her struggles to survive in a city that each day
turns more hostile to animals due to the construction of new buildings and
constant deforestation.

    The core of this book is the extraordinary and unique love relationship
between this dog and her human.  Other topics present in this volume are animal
rights, the exploitation of animals, vegetarianism, natural healing and the
environment, as well as the void, sadness and loneliness of the author when her
beloved dog passed away, the emotional support of other humans and the
spiritual connection between Suzie and her mommy through the invisible silver
cord called LOVE.

    The book is witty, colorful, ingenious, sentimental...  It makes you laugh
and cry.  This is a subject that animal lovers of all ages would enjoy reading.
 Besides being very entertaining, it also can be very helpful for people who
have lost a dear animal.

    This book is a written homage to my unforgettable beloved dog Suzie who is
waiting for me at Rainbow Bridge.

    ABOUT THE AUTHOR

    Grace Franchi is a Messianic, vegetarian, animal lover, animal rights
activist, nutrition and natural hygiene counselor and writer.

    The author wrote and published poems, short stories and articles about
health and natural lifestyle.  She also has given lectures and talked about
natural healing on radio and television.

    Grace speaks several languages, likes to play domino, grows plants and is
interested in animals, the environment, music, books, arts, computers and
volunteer work.  She lives with her Guide Dog, a sweet Labrador named Annie.
    In victory with Yeshua Messiah in my heart
    Irena Franchi
    ifranchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    MSN Messenger
    bluabirdo@xxxxxxxxxxx