[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: church-related requests added to and nonfiction wish lists

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:22:20 -0800 (PST)

Thanks

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

--- On Fri, 3/12/10, Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: church-related requests added to  and
nonfiction wish lists
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, March 12, 2010, 7:15 PM

Doug will call our church library on Tuesday (when they are open next) and see
if they have either of them.

Valerie

On Mar 12, 2010, at 8:44 PM, Shelley L. Rhodes wrote:

These are good recommendations.

I don't have access to them, but will find them if
I can.

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador
Guide Dog

Pedantry and mastery are opposite attitudes toward
rules. To apply a rule to the letter, rigidly, unquestioningly, in cases where
it fits and in cases where it does not fit, is pedantry... To apply a rule with
natural ease, with judgment, noticing the cases where it fits, and without ever
letting the words of the rule obscure the purpose of the action or the
opportunities of the situation, is mastery. -George Polya, professor of
mathematics (1887-1985)

  church-related requests added to and nonfiction wish lists

Cindy

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added
        to the collection) and books-being-scanned list available at sites
        below

Books
        Being Scanned List:

---
        On Fri, 3/12/10, Julie McCullough <j.mccullough@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        wrote:

From:
          Julie McCullough <j.mccullough@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:
          Book Requests
To: popularplace@xxxxxxxxx
Date:
          Friday, March 12, 2010, 1:37 PM

          Dear Bookshare Team,

          I am a United Methodist pastor, serving
          three churches.  One of my churches has studied two books by Rick
          Warren, and they really need to look now at their purpose as a
          church.  I suggested that perhaps we should look at Rick Warren's
          The Purpose Driven Church.  It appears that you only have The
          Purpose Driven Life, and I think that people who like Rick Warren
          might like to see some of his other books.  In another one of my
          churches, a woman is reading Who Stole My Church, by Gordon MacDonald
          and thought that it would be good for us to study it.  From what
          I understand, it is fiction but it has some valuable things in
          it.  I would appreciate it if you could consider putting these
          books in.  Thank you for this wonderful service.  it's so
          good to have somse of the books that friends and community members
are
          currently talkling about.

          Sincerely,

          Julie