[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: WishListRequest From Chela

  • From: "George Marshall" <marshall.geoma4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 08:39:42 -0400

Hi Cindy:
I can't speak for braille as I don't use it, but enlarged fonts do not make the sound louder, in fact if they are to large the synthesizer ignores them and doesn't speak them at all.
HTH,
George R. Marshall
marshall.geoma4@xxxxxxxxx
From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 10:52 PM
Hi, Cindy. I'm a little concerned because some people
are submitting
wish list requests for books already on Bookshare. I know
you're just
forwarding, and I'm not blaming you. The request itself
doesn't make
sense though. Why would we buy the three-pack when all
three books are
on Bookshare? Two of them, This Present Darkness and
Piercing The
Darkness, have been on Bookshare for several years and are
in
excellent shape. Prophet has just been added to the
collection and is
on the new books page. Even if it wasn't, why buy a
3-pack of books
just to get at Prophet? I wouldn't want to see a
volunteer waste money
and time working on books in the system unless they need a
rescan.
This email probably sounds a little grumpy. I'm more
frustrated than
annoyed though.

--
Monica Willyard
line.  To get a list of available commands, put the word