[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: WishListRequest From Chela

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 04:23:18 -0500

Cindy, I don't think it's your job to check for duplicates.

You already do so much more: namely your wish list is the only place where I can find the age recommendation for books, and, I think you should curb your masochistic tendacies <grin>.

The wish list is fine. If there are duplicates that a submiter doesn't take the time to check for, it will probably be pointed out here on this list and then you can make your adjustments.

You remind me of Boxer the horse in George Orwell's "animal farm". His response to every problem was "I will work harder". Incidentally, should anyone take offense to my comparing you to a horse, I would point out that Boxer was one of the heroes of the book, but wound up sent to the glue factory for his actions. A rather sticky situation.

Just trying to prevent burn-out.

If you decide to go ahead, I wish you luck, and offer my thanks. If I can help in any way you have my email address.

Bob
From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 10:52 PM
Hi, Cindy. I'm a little concerned because some people
are submitting
wish list requests for books already on Bookshare. I know
you're just
forwarding, and I'm not blaming you. The request itself
doesn't make
sense though. Why would we buy the three-pack when all
three books are
on Bookshare? Two of them, This Present Darkness and
Piercing The
Darkness, have been on Bookshare for several years and are
in
excellent shape. Prophet has just been added to the
collection and is
on the new books page. Even if it wasn't, why buy a
3-pack of books
just to get at Prophet? I wouldn't want to see a
volunteer waste money
and time working on books in the system unless they need a
rescan.
This email probably sounds a little grumpy. I'm more
frustrated than
annoyed though.

--
Monica Willyard
line.  To get a list of available commands, put the word