[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: WishListRequest From Chela

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 02:09:00 -0400

Rather than grumpy, the email makes good sense. I notice there are books duplicated on bookshare now where a set is submitted along with the original books in that set existing as separate books. Such duplication seems wasteful of both submitter's time and validator's time.

E.

At 01:52 AM 7/23/2008, you wrote:
Hi, Cindy. I'm a little concerned because some people are submitting
wish list requests for books already on Bookshare. I know you're just
forwarding, and I'm not blaming you. The request itself doesn't make
sense though. Why would we buy the three-pack when all three books are
on Bookshare? Two of them, This Present Darkness and Piercing The
Darkness, have been on Bookshare for several years and are in
excellent shape. Prophet has just been added to the collection and is
on the new books page. Even if it wasn't, why buy a 3-pack of books
just to get at Prophet? I wouldn't want to see a volunteer waste money
and time working on books in the system unless they need a rescan.
This email probably sounds a little grumpy. I'm more frustrated than
annoyed though.

--
Monica Willyard

http://www.eset.com