[bksvol-discuss] Fw: [Vrstream] Companion and Windows 7

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 21:15:18 -0400

Some of you were having a problem downloading with IE9. I thought this might help. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Trish" <pzoellers@xxxxxxxxx> To: "Steve S." <sgsmg49@xxxxxxx>; "Stream Listserve" <Vrstream@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Vrstream] Companion and Windows 7

Hello,

I don't know if this addresses the issue your experiencing, if not, then you can throw your computer out the window,lol.

**this came from the BARD list..

Hello List Members,

Those of you who have started using Internet Explorer 9 have probably
noticed that downloading doesn't work the same way as it does with earlier versions of IE. The process can make you think nothing is happening, which
can be confusing and frustrating. Fortunately, however, it's easy to
download with IE9 once you understand the changes.

When you download a book with Internet Explorer 9, the prompt to download
or save appears in a toolbar called the Information bar. You can respond
to this prompt in one of two ways. One is to press Alt-N, which brings
focus to the Information bar where you can choose whether to open or save
the file.

The other is to press Alt-S, which bypasses the Information bar and
chooses to save the file.

Once you press Alt-N and choose to save, or press Alt-S, the file begins
to download. To see the progress of the download, press Control-J to open
the View Downloads dialog box. Within this dialog box is an Options button
that takes you to a dialog where you can choose whether to be notified
when downloads are complete.

If you realize that you made a mistake and you don't want to download this
book, press Alt-N to go back to the Information bard. Focus will move to
the Cancel button, so press Enter to cancel the download.

By default, Internet Explorer 9 saves to a folder called Downloads in your
User folder. If you want to change this location, do the following

1. Press Enter on the link to download a book.

2. Press Alt-N to bring focus to the Information bar.

3. Press Tab to the Save split button.

4. Press Down Arrow until you reach Save As.

5. Press Enter.

You are now in a standard Save As dialog box where you can change the file
name and download location if you like.

We hope this information will help you download the books you want using
Internet Explorer 9. Happy reading.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve S." <sgsmg49@xxxxxxx>