[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: Re: new wish list requests

  • From: "Tammy Blaker" <wyomiia@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 08:43:18 -0600

BARD sort of replaced the NLS cassettes for people who download books from the site in a digital form.

Catherine Coulter Song Books are harsh because they are set in a time when harsh things happed. There is rape and forgiveness in the some of the books. Not political correct; however, the women of her books are strong and overcome a lot of bad stuff to rule over/or with the men. aka happy endings which I like. That is why the reviews are harsh for the Song Books. I think there should be a warning about violence to women in the books.

However, Penwyth Curse is very funny and a light read. It also is a fantasy book and I'm not too sure why it is part of the Song books, except for it is set in the same time period. Her Bride books also run from not political correct to light and funny. You can tell which are the older books, they have grit; and her newer books which are okay, but political correct. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Cindy" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Tammy Blaker <wyomiia@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Fiction Wish List updated 01/01/10
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 6:56 AM
Bard now has Catherine Coulter's
Hellion Bride and Lion's Gate.  So you can remove them
from the wish list; I was the one who asked from them.
That leaves Rosehaven, Fire Song and Earth Song.