[bksvol-discuss] Fw: Re: Science fiction books being scanned

  • From: "Bob W" <rwiley45@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:02:46 -0500

Scott said:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Rains" <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 1:42 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Science fiction books being scanned

Misha,

Nice collection development thinking to focus on a new series! A quick check
on a couple of the titles showed that we didn't have them yet.

Just a note of reminder to the list. Remember to check thoroughly before
selecting a book to scan and before you begin work on proofing something in
the Checkout List. The alert system we have set up with notices of new
publishers, books being scanned, etc. are helpful but no substitute for that
last minute check using the process outline in the Volunteer Manual:

https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/3.+Scan+a+book#3.Scanabook-3dosearchesbeforechoosingabooktoscan

Scott Rains