[bksvol-discuss] Fw: Book submitted: Red Pandas

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 21:25:06 -0500

Hello everyone,

I just submitted the following, one of I hope six or so books to be submitted
over the next few days.

Anyway should be an easy proof for someone.

ISBN:
0-684-18677-2

Title:
Red Pandas: A Natural History

Author(s):
Dorcas MacClintock, Ellan Young (Illustrator)

Publisher:
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing

Copyright Date:
1988

Copyrighted By:
Dorcas MacClintock

Brief Synopsis:
Describes the physical characteristics, habitat, behavior, and life cycle of
the small long-tailed panda of Asia.

Long Synopsis:
The size of a large house cat, the beguiling red panda was first observed by
scientists only 150 years ago in the Himalayan foothills. At that time, before
the giant panda was known, it was the panda. Now rarely glimpsed in its native
habitat, it may one day become a species that survives only in captivity.
Engrossing text and extraordinary photographs reveal the ways of red pandas:
their habitat, their activity patterns, how they communicate, their feeding
habits, and the birth and development of their cubs. Anatomical and
physiological adaptations are described. And there are colorful accounts by
early naturalists, as well as reports on field studies in progress and research
in zoos. The success of current breeding programs ensures that this beautiful
animal will be seen in many zoos around the world. This comprehensive
introduction to red pandas will intrigue and satisfy naturalists of all ages.

Comments:
Has been read through. Should be an easy proof. Blank pages are photographs or
drawings. If you have any questions please contact me at:
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Adult content:
No

Language:
English US

Book Quality:
EXCELLENT

Categories:
Science, Outdoors and Nature, Nonfiction, Animals

B4E Significant:
No

SFWA Challenged:
No

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., CVRT
Bureau of Blindness and Visual Services
4200 Lovell Place
Erie, PA 16503
814-871-4401
sherhodes@xxxxxxxxxxx

Notice:  On **Friday, July 29th**, the commonwealth will be adding @pa.gov as
the primary email domain for all state employees.  For example:
sherhodes@xxxxxxxxxxx will now be sherhodes@xxxxxxx The email addresses ending
in @state.pa.us will continue to function so that emails will never be
interrupted.  We appreciate your cooperation as we take a small step to
increase the usability and consistency of the commonwealth's online
communications.