[bksvol-discuss] Fw: Book announcement

  • From: "Louise" <lougou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Volunteers" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:34:21 -0500

Just out of curiosity, I am resending this message to the list.  I cut out
the top and bottom portions and left the book announcement.  How did it come
across, E?

Louise

  Hello,

  I would like to announce the publication of the book I wrote in honor of
my Seeing Eye Dog Suzie who passed away 3 years ago and I miss her as if she
left yesterday.

  This is the info :

   <?xml :namespace prefix = o ns = "urn :schemas microsoft com :office
:office" />

  TITLE :

  Dear Suzie

  A unique relationship between an exceptional guide dog and her human
partner...

  The deep, spiritual connection between them through the ethereal thread of
LOVE.

  This book will intrigue and amaze you...  You'll ponder, laugh and cry.

  AUTHOR :

  Grace Franchi

  Email :

  gracebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  ISBN :

  0 7414 2382 0 ©2005

  PUBLISHER :

  Infinity Publishing

  http ://www.buybooksontheweb.com/

  PUBLISHED :

  February 2005

  RETAIL PRICE :

  $18.95

  Book Size :

  5.5 x 8.5, 357 pages

  Category/Subject :

  Pets/Dogs/General

  The book can be found in major book stores and in the internet :

  Amazon.com

  BarnesAndNoble.com

  Borders.com

  ABOUT THIS BOOK

  This lively story is divided in three parts    letters from Suzie to a cat
in the street and other epistles, fragments of e mail messages about Suzie
after her death and pieces of Mommy's journal about her.

  Due to its visages of fiction, such as a dog who writes letters, the book
can be catalogued as fantasy.  However, it's based on our experiences
together, real facts such as her life as a working dog and the pet of an
animal lover mommy.  Suzie and I have had a very close relationship and we
were so tuned with each other that I have been able to translate her
feelings and thoughts into words.  For that reason I sincerely can state
that Suzie and I wrote this book together.  We began writing this story soon
after I brought her home, full of hopes and plans for a future that I
imagined endless.  Life is unpredictable, my Suzie departed unexpectedly and
I had to walk alone the rest of the road.

  Suzie, a gorgeous and clever German Shepherd Seeing Eye Dog, writes
letters to a cat in the street.  In these letters she describes her life as
an ingenious working dog as well as the adored pet of an animal lover mommy
who stimulates her emotionally and intellectually.  The reader also learns
about the life of her friend Cat and her struggles to survive in a city that
each day turns more hostile to animals due to the construction of new
buildings and constant deforestation.

  The core of this book is the extraordinary and unique love relationship
between this dog and her human.  Other topics present in this volume are
animal rights, the exploitation of animals, vegetarianism, natural healing
and the environment, as well as the void, sadness and loneliness of the
author when her beloved dog passed away, the emotional support of other
humans and the spiritual connection between Suzie and her mommy through the
invisible silver cord called LOVE.

  The book is witty, colorful, ingenious, sentimental...  It makes you laugh
and cry.  This is a subject that animal lovers of all ages would enjoy
reading.  Besides being very entertaining, it also can be very helpful for
people who have lost a dear animal.

  This book is a written homage to my unforgettable beloved dog Suzie who is
waiting for me at Rainbow Bridge.

  ABOUT THE AUTHOR

  Grace Franchi is a Messianic, vegetarian, animal lover, animal rights
activist, nutrition and natural hygiene counselor and writer.

  The author wrote and published poems, short stories and articles about
health and natural lifestyle.  She also has given lectures and talked about
natural healing on radio and television.

  Grace speaks several languages, likes to play domino, grows plants and is
interested in animals, the environment, music, books, arts, computers and
volunteer work.  She lives with her Guide Dog, a sweet Labrador
named Annie.

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.