[bksvol-discuss] Fw: Article: Microsoft Improves Word for the Blind

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 13:18:27 -0400

Hi,
This came over the Blind Programming list. I'm not sure what significance
it has with Bookshare, so I thought I'd let someone else be the judge.

Thanks.

Jim

...snip...

Today the first official release of Microsoft's "Save As
DAISY XML" translator for  Word and the simultaneous release of the newest
version of the DAISY Pipeline were announced.  Full details and links to
downloads, press release and related information, and support
documentation
for the Microsoft "Save As DAISY XML" add-in are available from the DAISY
Web site:

http://www.daisy.org

The direct link to the Microsoft Save as DAISY area is in the
Projects area of the DAISY Web site at:

http://www.daisy.org/projects/save-as-daisy-microsoft/

Information, links to the DAISY Pipeline press
release, and downloads for the Pipeline are on the  DAISY Pipeline project
area at:

http://www.daisy.org/projects/pipeline/

Press releases for Microsoft's "Save As DAISY XML" translator are
also provided in DAISY  2.02 format. This DAISY DTB with synthetic speech
was created using the "Save As DAISY XML"  translator and the DAISY
Pipeline. It is also available for download from the
Microsoft Save as DAISY XML project area referenced above.