[bksvol-discuss] Future of Bookshare volunteers.

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookkshare volunteer list" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 14:19:54 -0500

Hi everyone!

From my perspective, I think the future for us as Bookshare volunteers is a
bright one. Yes, it changes and evolves, but it gives us an opportunity to scan
different and diverse titles that may not otherwise come into the collection.
To me, that's a good thing.

I'm so excited about the number of titles entering the collection, and am
especially pleased to see both the increasing number of older titles as well as
NLS titles. It gives us a choice as to whether we want to read a book utilizing
Bookshare or NLS.

Let's not get discouraged or feel unneeded. Let's please just continue to scan
and proofread books and enjoy the result. *smile*

Blessings.

Lynn I