[bksvol-discuss] Re: Funky change in Roger's emails plust question about plain text e-mails.

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 20:33:04 -0600

LOL!  Yeah, that's what my opinion is worth too, Jackie! smile.

One teeny clarification, though. You can't embed a virus inside a text email. But you sure can have a virus come as an attachment to a text email. However, it's much much more obvious and you have to specifically open the attachment in order for that virus to do anything. Just opening and reading a text email can't trigger a virus, even if one is attached.

Judy s.

Jackie McBride wrote:
My own opinion, which is likely worth precisely what yall paid for it,
is that sending html emails to friends is ok, but plain text is the
courteous thing to do w/lists. The bottom line is still u can't get a
virus from a plain text email.

On 12/5/09, Lynn I <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Judy!

Thank you so much for your great explanation. I think the default on most
e-mail programs is html, but it was easy for me to change that to plain
text.

Thanks again for explaining. *smile*

Blessings.

Lynnsky