[bksvol-discuss] Re: From List-serve to Discussion Board?

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:41:05 -0600

Tony,  have you tried to have a look at the forums on Audiogon.com?  You
may not care about the hairbrained subject matter,  but they could give
you a good idea about how user-friendly discussion boards can be.
Hint:  review newest messages starting from the bottom of the page,  not
from the top.

Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
12/30/2004 10:58 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: From List-serve to Discussion Board?

Hi.  I know I'm late in this discussion, but I also know that I'm not
unique in this view.  If a decision is made to abandon a mailing list
format, I'm out of here.  I refuse to do discussion boards, forums, etc. I

would much rather go through 200 messages and filter them.  I'm not going
to open a browser just to read this list.  Also, it only takes a fraction
of a second to delete posts.  I delete most of the discussion, so I don't
see the flames that others complain about.

Now if someone wants to abandon freelists, I'm all for it.  They are
certainly better than topica, but have some real annoyances.  Don't ever
mention sub scribing to a list in the first few lines of a message, for
example.