[bksvol-discuss] Re: Freelists overquoting, was etiquette

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 07:52:22 -0400

Hi all,

Original message:
lol i agree d00d :-)

Dude?  Hmmm, I think it should be dudette.

Seriously, though, that is a good rule of thumb. I once was a student
of, and am now instructing at, an academy which teaches blind people how
to use computers, both inside and out, as well as networking and other
concepts, and in the chapter I'm lecturing on now, one thing they say is
to respect people's time and bandwidth.

Yes, I think we Americans do have an insular view of the world. That's going to change when many people are getting their email via their cell phones. We don't have ISP's for our home computers which limit our band width, but AT&T and Verizon now do this as a matter of course for their cell phone customers. <smiling> That's why some parents are screaming bloody murder when their children use cell phones on the family plan and they get these huge bills! the kids just don't know or won't know that band width is something they have to pay attention to. Americans need to quit being prideful and insular and wake up to what's going on in the whole world as well as in their own country.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring