[bksvol-discuss] Free to submittors Dear Booksharian Friends,

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:26:29 -0500

Dear Booksharian Friends,

If I don't distribute some of my fall library book sale acquisitions, Santa's going to come down my chimney, land on a pile of books, strain something and sue me.

If you will have time to scan any of these books please request them by number off list and, send your address if I don't already have it. They are books I'm not interested in validating and which you can keep. Please only ask for books if you think you can get them within the next few months. It's first asked, first given.

I'll be mailing on Friday, so books that haven't been requested by then are going back to the library to be in the next sales. Thank you to anyone willing to help out. I can't validate everything and mainly scan in a pinch. I appreciate your help in giving new life to these books.

Grand Cindy, If you can pass this information on to the Booksharians on your lists who aren't on these lists, I'd appreciate it. Some books have been chosen which would have otherwise been overlooked because you alerted people who don't get posts here.

Most of these books are for kids, middle grades through teens.

D81 Doppelganger by David Stahler Jr., Hardback 258 pages, They kill people and take over their bodies.a horror book, for teens

D82 The 13th Floor A Ghost Story by Sid Fleischman, hardcover, 133 pages, fantasy, lots of action/adventure, a boy finds pirates, time travel through a door on the 13th floor,

D83 Quicksilver by Stephanie Spinner, small hardcover, teens, 130 pages, based on Greek mythology, Atlantis etc.

D84 Bad Dreams, Fearstreet R. L. Stine, mass market paperback, teens, 150 pages, Girl watches the same murder over and over in her nightmares.

D85 Howliday Inn, by James Howe, series, paperback, 194 pages, in the award winning Bunnicula series, the family are going on vacation. Bunnicula is being boarded but the loyal cat and dog are to stay at the scary Chateau Bow Wow. Middle grades.

D86 I am the wallpaper by Mark Peter Hughes, hardcover, 200 pages, teenage angst

D87 Pedigree Unknown by Dorothy Lyons, hardcover, 172 pages, horse training and romance. Girl is engaged when she learns her high class pedigree isn't what she thought. The horse she is training might not be a high pedigree either. Are they worth anything?

D88 Hitty Her first 100 years by Rachael Field, Newberry winner, paperback, 257. Hitty is a doll. Lots of history in this story. Check to make sure Bookshare doesn't have this one.

D89 One Day in the Prairie by Jean Craighead George paperback about buffalo, prairie dogs, birds of prey, insects and the naturalist observing them, scholastic 50 pages, has bibliography and index.

D9810 A boy and his Bear hardcover, 195 pages, middle grade historical fiction set in Elizabethan times, runaway boy rescues bear cub in awful bear bating place but where can they go? Pursued they shelter with a travelling juggling show but aren't even safe there.

D811 The Borning Room by Paul Fleishman, 100 page hardback for middle grades, historical fiction the births, illnesses and deaths over time in the borning room of a house

D812 Case of the Missing Gold Rugrats Files, A Time Travel story paperback, 140 pages, popular with kids, has a few short passages in funny font may need sighted help

D813 Nobody's Perfect, 7th heaven series by Amanda Christie, paperback, 126 pages, includes Christian themes, based on popular TV series, good values

D814 Violet's Defiant Daughter, Book of Faith series book 7, based on characters by Martha Finley, hardcover, 212 pages, Christian themes, There are four different series in this group and each has a beautiful doll children can buy including the Violet doll.

Promises Broken D815 Caitlin, Promises Trilogy 2, by Francine Pascal, creator of the Sweet Valley series, Mass Market Paperback, about 200 pages, teen romance

D816 Water From the Well by Myra McLarey, hard cover, 230 pages, African American book, may not be children's, Begins in Arkansas, 1919.

D817 God Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe, Trade paperback, wonderful condition, 344 pages, adult book, Shattering event changes the lives of two girl friends from different sides of the track. I think this isn't a kid's book, not sure

D818 The Terracotta Palace by Anne Maybury, hardcover, large print, 472 pages, Juliet had a wonderful summer visit to a villa in Rome with her friend Vanessa. Back in England she gets a call from her mother telling her never to set foot in Rome, again. Romantic suspense

D819 Japanese Spring by Ishmael Reed, hardback, 220 pages, not a kid book, about a prof who hopes to get tenure, about colleges replacing older profs with trendy, new, young ones, novel.

Always with love,

Lissi