[bksvol-discuss] Free hard copy braille books to anyone who wants and can read them

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:14:56 -0400

Dear Booksharian Friends,

In the interest of making room in my basement for workmen to shore up the walls, I'm relieving it of as many articles as I can bear to part with. Not the braille Harry Potter, yet. The seven books of that series could fill a closet. If my Braille Note gives out, I don't know if I'll have the over five and a half thousand dollars to replace it, so Harry Potter stays. Bookshare is free or nearly free for untold numbers of books, but the hardware to read BRF book files by hand is over the moon!

What I can part with are

Charlotte's Web  by E. B. White . . . 2 volumes
September, about a group of people in the lowlands of Scotland, Bittersweet, late 20th century,by Rosamonde Pilcher, ... 5 volumes
Techwar by William Shatner . . . 2 volumes
and
The Golden Orange by Joseph Wambaugh . . . 3 volumes

I will have G is for Gumshoe by Sue Grafton. I've only read it once, and want to read it once more before I send it to a new home. It was the first of the Grafton series I read and I've enjoyed all of the letters in Kinsey's alphabet. I'm a little nostalgic about G because it introduced me to that series.

Please send your request off list along with your address.

Airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Always with love,

Lissi