[bksvol-discuss] Re: Found the word!

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 21:33:40 -0700

Another *great* feature of English. Writers can combine words or not as they choose, especially these days.

Misha

On 4/23/2011 11:47 AM, Regina Alvarado wrote:
I found it! The masacred scano was the word dishabille, scantily clothed! Learned a new word too. Had to fiddle with books.google for a while with different words in the sentence with the word in it, but I popped it up! I am proud of myself. I am not truly very good with searching or even using internet, but I have learned something! Big smile of confidence here, and I even fixed a word in the text. Wish I could fix the ones I know are not right, but after Laurie said she checked them and I checked a couple and they are all the same, won't bother those. Apparently author or printer or both don't know how to write the words. The best one I saw was pipesmoking. One that I checked and sure enough ... it was in the book just like that.
Reggie