[bksvol-discuss] Re: ForthComing Book

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 09:22:32 -0500

Hi Gary,
If you will guarantee that the text in the file is correct according to the print book, I'll take the book. Just put a hold for Marty R on it.
Marty

-----Original Message----- From: Gary Petraccaro
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 8:05 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] ForthComing Book

I will be starting to submit shortly.  The first 2 volumes of The Hugo
Winners is 75 percent done.  But my question really has to do with another
book I'm about to submit called The Death of the Grown-up.  From St.
Martin's Press, it's one of the worst copy edited books I've ever seen.  In
fact it may be the worst.  I would prefer that the text were mostly left
alone unless there's something I actually missed after completely
spellchecking and proofing the book.  This is just too awful for someone to
pretty up.  Is there anyone who wants this book?  I don't want someone to
just grab it and think I let all these "scano's go by.
Thanks.