[bksvol-discuss] Re: Formatting Poetry

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:34:47 -0700

Hi, Jim, You are providing an application of the problem being discussed; formatting by the bookshare translation currently removes blank lines. And, the book you have downloaded by Robert Frost therefore does not have blank lines between stanzas.

To preserve the break between stanzas, Lissi's suggestion of inserting asterisks provides a fix. With an asterisk between stanzas, you could at least know where a break between stanzas occurs. Certainly, the use of asterisks is not a perfect solution, but apparently right now it is the best we can do and is a practical fix.

Cat Lover Lori

----- Original Message ----- From: <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>