[bksvol-discuss] Re: Format Characters in K1000

  • From: The Pardees <jfpardee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:01:32 -0400

\n = new line
\t = tab
\p = page break

These are the ones I know and use, but there may be others.

At 01:57 PM 8/17/06, you wrote:

I thought since I'm working on a book for Bookshare, that I would ask this here rather than on the K1000 list. With features such as rank spelling, poorly scanned pages and rerecognition, the prospect of editing and fixing up a kes file, then translating it into rtf for submission is much more feasible than with an ark file.

I was wondering how to enter characters such as tab, hard return and page break into the search box. Apparently the caret method of MSWord isn't the way. Is there a list of these somewhere in the docs? If so, could someone just point me to it, as I'm not sure where to look.

Evan