[bksvol-discuss] Re: For Valerie - how to replace incorrect paragraph marks that are at the end of every line in an entire document

  • From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 18:08:36 -0500

I apologize if this has been answered, but we've had tremendous electrical
storms and I have a brief window and not enough time to scour my couple
hundred messages from today.

I think the reason they use rich text instead of plaintext is because of the
assets for navigation to visual readers. While I realize there are huge
trade-offs, in trying to find the best common denominator for people with
physical disabilities and people who are blind, rich text is usually the
best format to branch from. I know that Nichole cannot handle anything in
plain text and has become a voracious reader because of the benefits to her
and how text can be manipulated and managed by software written for people
with extreme physical disabilities who rely on electronic text. While I know
many people love hearing a story told, Nichole will absolutely not listen to
audio books, and has developed a significant degree of literacy, only
because she loves reading print.

I hope that makes sense, at least from our front.

Have a great night!

Valerie

Check out my kids at:

  http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nicholemaples <new>