[bksvol-discuss] Re: For Judy; Rules for Radicals

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:56:35 -0500

Hi Roger, got it and saw your notes in the comments section. Thank you so much for scanning this for me! smile.

Judy s.
Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx wrote:
Pardon me for sending this private message to the list, but I neglected to retain Judy's email address.

Judy, I uploaded Rules for Radicals last night. Be sure to read the comments section. I will say that Alinsky's rules are not entirely my rules. His conception of a radical is not quite entirely my conception of a radical either. I did note that even though I had forgotten his name, after I got into reading his allusions to certain struggles I actually remembered him. He was a well-known labor organizer, but if a radical is one who sees the problems he is addressing as being in the roots of the system then he falls a bit short of radicalism himself.

"The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies the end. " Leon Trotsky The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com <http://wwww.themilitant.com>Pathfinder Press: http://www.pathfinderpress.com
             _