[bksvol-discuss] For Braille Users

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:05:46 -0400

Please don't think that, by my previous message,
the opinion of Braille users isn't as important to me.
It's just that I already got feedback about how the
special characters show up in Braille, and I'm sorry
the first hundred or so pages of this book will be
so bad because of my ignorance.  I will ask Carrie,
if necessary, if I can delete and replace the special
characters using Word.

The book is the biography of Vladimir Horowitz, the
pianist, and it's fabulous!

Truly, with all due respect,
Marilyn

Begin forwarded message:

I hope you can answer a question for me.

I'm on Page 119 of a 700-page biography of a world
traveler.  All languages are included in proper nouns of
people and places.  I have been going through the tedious
work of inserting special characters:  the E's with accents
going this way and that; a, e, i, o, and u with two little dots
on top, N's with tildes on top, etc.

Am i wasting my time because this is not necessary, maybe
it even makes matters worse?

I just want to make the best scan possible.

Thanks so much,
Marilyn