[bksvol-discuss] Re: Footnotes and Superscripted Notes

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 19:46:05 -0700 (PDT)

re notes at the bottom of the page--and some books
have their footnotes at the bottom of the page: I
space about 4 lines after the text, put the asterisk
or number or whatever, and do put the note in a
smaller font. If my text is 12 pt, I put the note in
10 pt.

Where the footnote numbers are in the text, I used to
put the number in the regular font but surrounded by
parentheses. That was before I found that in the
Format file (in Word), clicking on Font will take to a
screen with Font, Character Spacing, and Animation
across the top. Clicking on Character Spacing gives me
the opporunity to raise or lower a letter or number. I
raise the footnote number 2 or 3 spaces and also
change the font to 10 so it's smaller.

I hope that's clear. Probably someone else can explain
better. In any case, depending on how the numbers show
up in your file, it's probably easier just to put
parentheses around them and put a note of explanation
in the long synopsis.

Cindy