[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fonts was Navigation what do members prefer?

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 14:18:28 -0500

I think the size of the chapter headings, the titles and so forth are a matter of your personal preference as long as at least two points difference is allowed for each navigation point.

On 11/21/2012 1:48 PM, Regina Alvarado wrote:
Not sure Tracy.  Think the font size is one's own preference too.  I too for
a long time did the 2-points differences, but then someone said twenty
should be the title, 18 the parts and 16 the chapter titles.  If there were
any other indicators in between those, we could make them 16 and then the
chapters 14.  So far doing it your way has never gotten a book sent back to
me and nor has the 16-point chapter head so I say you can just continue how
you are doing it! (smiles) Personally, I take what is said here as true, but
if I really needed help I would ask Madeleine since she sits right at
Bookshare.  A lot of proofing is left to us for format, and Lissi taught me
your way, and as I said, nothing ever came back.  A lot of folks use
different fonts also.  I always use Arial but most here use Times New Roman.

I had a book that was very interesting to format a week or so ago.  I have
never seen a book with 2 places with 2 or 3 pages between them where the
title of the chapter was written twice with blank pages between and the text
after the second rendering of the chapter and title.  I put the first title
in 16-point and the second in 14-point.  Still has not been put in  the
collection so don't know if that was fine, but it points up that sometimes
we just have to do what is necessary for us and our circumstance.  The
asterisks are another matter, though, but I really don't like them so will
begin leaving no blank line after the chapter name.
Reggie