[bksvol-discuss] Re: Follow up from Jim on my email

  • From: juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:19:57 -0500 (EST)

Now, Jim,

One question on this.

As I do prepare Braille books for Texas school for the Blind, mainly kids
books and not a lot, but I do make them off of the scans I also share to
bookshare. These are electronic Braille files, and I do also do hard copy
Braille for my students every once in a while, when I am teaching.  The
TSBVI site does have password protection though.

Smile.

So just checking.

I will give you a heads up there are actually two or three such sharing
lists.

Just to let you know.

In a lot of other countries it is break the law or don't read.  Or so the
other people have explained to me.  In Germany the only one to produce books
in alternate format is the German Library service, so the selection is very
limited.  I believe in Australia, it is illegal to scan a book for your own
use, which all my Ausy friends violate, of course.

So... I can kind of empathize with them.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com