[bksvol-discuss] Flat Stanley

  • From: Jamie Yates <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 21:12:23 -0400

A girl I work with got Flat Stanley in the mail from her niece, and she had
a lot of fun dressing him up and taking pictures of him in different places.
A lot of other people I work with had never heard of Flat Stanley and I was
really surprised! But I was more surprised to see that Bookshare has NONE of
the Flat Stanley books at all in the collection.

So I have just submitted Flat Stanley, and it is ready for proofreading.

Stanley Lambchop is just a normal, healthy boy. True, there was that
business about the bulletin board falling on him. But boys *will *have
accidents,
and Stanley is just like any other boy.

Even if he *is *only half an inch thick.

A handicap? Don't be silly!

Convenient? Most certainly. Why, Stanley's father never worries about losing
him in crowds; he just rolls Stanley up and carries him under his arm. And
economical! How about the time his parents *mailed *him to California to
spend his holiday there?

Does he have *fun? *Well, which is more fun -- flying a kite or *being *one?

What's that you say? Can a flat boy make a significant contribution to
society? Now look--that's the climax. You'd better read the book.

It's uplifting.

And side-splitting. So are the pictures.

--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Cupcake by Rachel Cohn