[bksvol-discuss] Fixing a bear of a book

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:35:18 -0400

I'm pretty pleased with myself.  I just finished proofreading Weaving a
Woman's Life: Spiritual Lessons from the Loom.
It had been languishing for over a year, because someone had taken it and
faithfully renewed it for a year!, then released it.
It had lots of garbage characters, and not enough page breaks, but I was
able to fix it up!  It was a mess though, and I could see how a person
could get discouraged. But now, if Admin okays it, it'll join the
collection at last.
So, brothers and sisters, if you have a book to proofread, and you find
it's too much for you, or you just aren't getting to it, let it go and see
if someone else comes along to finish it up. If no one does, you can
always take it back.
Tracy