[bksvol-discuss] Re: First Message from Newest Volunteer

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 12:58:35 -0500

Let me dispute the recommendation that the first page of the actual novel be labeled page 1 and the preliminary pages be labeled with Roman numerals. That might be the case usually, but it is not necessarily so. I would say that it should be done that way only if that is the way the book does it. Right now, for example, I am working on a book in which page one is actually the first of the preliminary pages and the main text does not start until about page 9. I would prefer it if all books were paginated that way, but unfortunately it seems that only a minority are.

Roger Loran Bailey

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, & the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press: