[bksvol-discuss] Re: FineReader Not Saving Settings

  • From: "Nancy Martin" <nancyam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 21:24:24 -0500

Hi,
What is Fine Reader?
Nancy
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Christina
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:06 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] FineReader Not Saving Settings

  Hi, folks.
  I'm using Finereader 7 with JAWS.
  I just switched everything over to my new computer but I can't seem to get
Finereader to save any settings.  First, I tried loading the settings I usually
use by means of an FBT file.  (I thought I was very clever to think of sending
the settings file to my new computer.)  But, that didn't work so I went through
and manually set everything the way I like and hit save and created a new
settings file.  That still didn't work so I tried loading the new settings
file...  With no luck.
  I can't scan anything this way.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?
  If not, I'll just call FineReader tech support tomorrow.
  Thanks.
  Christina