[bksvol-discuss] Re: Finding tables in Word

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 07:54:00 -0600

Thanks, Judy. I'll have a look at this later and report back.

Melissa

Judy s. wrote:
Melissa, I can't find anything in Word per se to let you search for the codes that identify a table.

However, I did find this on Microsoft's website - a macro you can use to find tables - from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/212692

You need to program it in using the visual basic editor. Here's the code:

Sub FindTables()
      Dim iResponse As Integer
      Dim tTable As Table
      'If any tables exist, loop through each table in collection.
      For Each tTable In ActiveDocument.Tables
         tTable.Select
         iResponse = MsgBox("Table found. Find next?", 68)
         If response = vbNo Then Exit For 'User chose to leave search.
      Next
      MsgBox prompt:="Search Complete.", buttons:=vbInformation
   End Sub

Let me know if you try it, and if it works. smile.

Judy s.

Melissa Smith wrote:
I want to find the tables. I thought there would probably be something to search for in Word's find and replace dialog like the ^m for page breaks. This way I could find each one, and then convert it to text, which I know how to do.
Thanks,

Melissa