[bksvol-discuss] Re: Finding a copyright

  • From: Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:00:16 -0400 (EDT)

Cindy,
Please also check for Magnolia Moon, by Sondra Stanford. That's the book I'm looking at that has many missing words. I'm kinda leaning toward accepting it as "fair", because one could follow the story, but it really could use a re-scan.

As I said to Gerald, the Ruth Glick name was the clue I needed; she's the copyright holder. Sure wish I knew an easy way to find a copyright holder, though.
Thanks.
Tracy

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Cindy wrote:

I'm glad I read through the list posts before
answering your post, Tracy.  I did exactly what Gerald
did with exactly the same results, except I also found
that the name is  also at times pseudonym for Ruth
Glick *and*  someone else whose name I don't remember.

My library doesn't have it either, but I'm going to be
in the bookstore tomorrow afternoon. We have quite a
few harlequin romances (though we did get rid of a
lot) and I'll see if it's one of them. I'll check for
Dangerous by VIctoria Leigh, too.

Cindy

--- Gerald Hovas <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tracy,

Sorry, but I struck out, too.

I was able to find out that the book was originally
published in 1992, the
author's real name is Ruth Glick, and that she wrote
it under the pseudonym
Rebecca York.

I wasn't able to find the copyright, though.  I
checked www.copyright.gov,
and the book does not appear in their online
records.  I found 3 or 4 by her
with Moon in the name, but not Bayou Moon.  I don't
know if this means that
it isn't officially copyrighted, or that they just
don't have it in their
online records.

I Googled for it and didn't find any copyright
information either.

I also checked to see if my library has it, since
I'm going there later
today.  They don't have it, though.

Maybe someone else can find it in their library and
look it up for you.

Gerald