[bksvol-discuss] Re: Finding Blank Pages in Word

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:42:32 -0500

Thank you. Challenging someone to show me I'm wrong works very well. :-)
My problem was not the issue of white space, but was a combination of other problems. I had temporarily forgotten what I needed to enter for a page break and tried to let Word put it in for me with the list of options. That doesn't work correctly for me. First it refuses to enter two page breaks by that method, and to make matters more unobvious to me JAWS always stops speaking properly after I am in the find dialog a while, so I don't really get the chance to see what is in the find box once I stop choosing what I want from the list. Once I could type in what I needed myself and didn't need to confirm anything it worked okay.

No one else seems to have my particular set of problems with JAWS and Word maybe because no one I know has the odd combination of Word 97, Windows Xp Pro, and JAWS 6.0.

I'll keep your message for future reference.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>