[bksvol-discuss] Finally--Cloudy Jewel & question

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 01:20:40 -0700 (PDT)

It's strange the way things go from the
Administrators' approval into the collection.
Sometimes the books take just a day or two, sometimes
several months. You'd think they'd start with the end
of the list, i.e., the books that have been awaiting
approval the for the longest time.

Anyway,  yesterday I received notice that Cloudy
Jewel, a Christian romance by Grace Livingston Hill,
has been accepted and now is available for download.

I wish I knew what was happened with The World's Best
True Ghost Stories--if I should re submit or if it's
going to be approved soon -- or why it was rejected,
so I can fix whatever the problem is (yes, I know I've
said this before and I'm nagging-- that's what mothers
do -- smile).

I have a question--I just noticed (obviously  I'm not
very observant) that books are available for download
only in Daisy and BRF. Do sighted people with
disabilities such as CP and ADD and other disabilities
that qualify them for membership have to use Daisy or
learn Braille to access  the collection, or do they
download in one of those forms and then convert them
to Word or RTF?  I thought I'd seen some books
available in rtf but looking quickly now I see they're
all on BRF or Daisy, or seem to be.