[bksvol-discuss] Re: Favorite 100 books

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 10:07:08 -0800

Hi, I'm sorry, but I believe Fyodor Dostoyevsky was the author who wrote
Crime and Punishment and not Tolstoy. I read the Constance Garnett
translation of the book. I liked it, but I couldn't understand the
culture or the motivation of the characters. I felt the same with my
other Russian novel I read The Brothers Karamazov also by Dostoyevsky.
Regards, Kim Friedman.