[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fantasy books added to the Wish List

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 20:33:06 -0400

Cindy, the wish list is great just the way it is. :) I'm just glad to have it to refer to. As you've said, it's easy to do a find on an author's name. Besides, since speech reads things in order, I like seeing the titles first. They sort of attract my attention in a way that a list of authors wouldn't. Reading the title makes me wonder what the book is like, and that leads me to Amazon to find out. Having me on Amazon and finding out is a pretty good thing for the person who placed the wish list request, because I'm right where I'd need to be to buy the book if it looks interesting. (grin)

Monica Willyard

Grandma Cindy wrote:
Forty-nine titles which, I'm gathering from the titles
and some authors I recognize, are fantasy (I may be
wrong) have been added to the Wish List. I don't know
if the requester checked them against the collection
and the books in process list or not, but I know there
are a lot of fantasy fans here and so I thought I'd
let you know.

Belatedly, I've come to suspect that it would be
better if I'd sorted the books by author instead of by
title, but I didn't, and it's too time-consuming to do
now, since I don't have a comma after the title but
have the word "by." But if you want to know if there's
a book on the list by your favorite author(s) you can
always do a search.