[bksvol-discuss] Fact sheet from Kurzweil-Scanners

  • From: Dilsiaa@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, BksVol-Discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 01:08:46 EDT

Dear volunteers:

I know I'm testing the extent of patience you have but I would like to share
a fact sheet about scanners that were included in the package of my demo of
Kurzweil 3000. Since this program is like a twin of k1000 somewhat, they
provided a list that I know will be of utility for you.
Here it is

Kurzweil Educational Systems

Scanners for use with Kurzweil 3000
Whether or not you presently own a scanner, if you are considering the
purchase Kurzweil 3000 it makes sense to check which models work best. Not all
scanners are created equal and some give less than perfect results when
scanning,
Some are too slow, some t)only scan in black and white, and others just don't
work well at all.
For a list of scanners we have tested with Kurzweil 3000 I f you are looking
to purchase a new scanner. Take a look al the list below of scanners we
recommend and those to avoid. Scanner we recommend buying:
Epson - any model
Epson 1660
Epson 1260
Epson 1670
Epson 3170
Epson 1200s. 1200u
Epson 1240
Epson 1250
Epson 16.40
Epson 1650
Epson 610
Epson 636
Epson 640
Epson CX 3200
High Speed Scanner Double Sided Scanners we recommend -Canon DR3060
Canon DRg080
Canon DR2080C
Fuijitsu 114220

Scanners we recommend avoiding:

Agfa SnapScan 1212u
Digital Research 30bits EPP Hewlett Packard 3200
Hewlett Packard 4200
Hewlett Packard 5300
Any Mustek brand scanner
UMAX 300p
If you own a scanner that is not listed, please let us know and we'll help
investigate whether it will work or not. Alternatively, request the free demo
CD
and try it out for yourself.

Very truly yours
Dilsia A. Martinez Rivera
Villalba PR

The tragedy is not that things are broken.  The tragedy is that they are not
mended again. -- Alan Patton, Cry the Beloved Country, Scribner Paperback
Fiction

The most difficult part of getting to the top of the ladder is getting
through the crowd at the bottom. -- Arch Ward, Promoter and sports editor

Better twice measured than once wrong. -- Danish Proverb