[bksvol-discuss] FW: The University of Ottawa Press Has Signed Our Agreement

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 14:45:33 -0800

Volunteers,

The following announcement was made moments ago. The wiki has been updated to
reflect this change.

Scott Rains

The University of Ottawa Press  (Les Presses de l’Université d’Ottawa) in
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada has signed our agreement giving us world rights to
their impressive list of English and French language academic titles, many of
which are in EPUB.

Founded in 1936, UOP  is Canada's oldest French-language university press and
the only fully bilingual university press in North America.  As such UOP
publishes in both official languages and is committed to bilingualism and
multiculturalism.   They publish 25 books a year and have a backlist of several
hundred titles in both French and English.

UOP publishes books that touch upon the human condition: anthropology,
sociology, political science, psychology, criminology, media studies,
economics, education, language and culture, law, history, literature,
translation studies, philosophy, public administration, health sciences, and
religious studies.

They have also just launched a new open access collection that supports free
and unrestricted access to scholarly research.  A total of 36 UOP books are
available free to the online community, an initiative under the UOP’s digital
publishing plan. Thecollection consists of both French-language and
English-language in-print titles in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
http://www.press.uottawa.ca/