[bksvol-discuss] FW: Mentor request for volunteering

  • From: Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 21:14:14 +0000

Hi all,

I have a request for a mentor. Please see the info below and respond to me
directly if you are interested in working with this person.

Best,

Madeleine Linares
Volunteer Coordinator
Bookshare, a Benetech Initiative
650-644-3459
madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx

From: m
To: Madeleine Linares
Subject: Mentour request for volunteering

Hi Madeleine,

I hope you are doing well. My name is M and I am currently a student. I signed
up to be a volunteer for bookshare a while back but haven't had a chance to
work on any projects. The process of scanning/proofreading for bookshare is
really confusing to me and I don't really have anyone to guide me through it. I
heard that bookshare was starting the mentour program and was wondering if I
could be matched with someone that could show me the ropes a little. I am
totally blind and use jaws and a braille display to access my books, so
preferably, I would like to get someone who has the same experience in this
area. Thanks so much for your help and I hope to hear from you soon; I'm really
excited to start helping this great community.

Best,

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses
of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:
but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams
with open eyes, to make them possible." T. E. Lawrence