[bksvol-discuss] Re: Explanation of haveing to quit volunteering

  • From: "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:57:36 -0400

Hey Angel;
I'm sad to see you go but I understand your frustrations. Allow me to say this,
when I signed up to be a volunteer almost 2 years ago, I just sat and
waited...for what, I am unsure. I just found the whole process intimidating
after I read the manual. What I thought I would be doing wasn't it all. Well
after a year of being a "sitting volunteer" I just decided to jump in and check
out my first book and what a disaster that was! I must have "lost" 4 to 7 books
before I actually checked out a book that I finished-MO Urban Dictionary which
was scanned by Em Rose. After that addition to the collection my confidence
grew and next year will solidify my actual first year proofing. Some books take
longer than others and some are more than excellent scans where as others need
more TLC. Don't be afraid to put a book back that is too overwhelming for you.
Like I said, I hate to see you go and hope that you reconsider but whatever you
decide, we will support you and remember the Bookshare volunteer door will
always be open.  Good luck in your future endeavors!