[bksvol-discuss] Re: Explanation of haveing to quit volunteering

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 20:39:43 -0700

I can understand, especially if you are a student or someone with a
full-time job and a family; proofreading or scanning can be very
time-consuming.

Are you sighted, or do you have a friend or family member who is
sighted who could describe pictures to you? If so, you could write the
descriptions and be part of the Poet Project, something which allows
volunteers to add descriptions of images  to textbooks that are in the
collection; writing descriptions can be somewhat time-consuming,
i.e..., getting them so they are  comprehensible can take re-writing;
however, there is no time constraint; you can do it as you have
time--work on one at your leisure, and when you have finished and want
to do another one, work on that one. I do them occasionally, when I
want a break from a book I'm proofing. If you're interested, write to
Alisa:  alisam@xxxxxxxxxxxx